- 2012-01-12 – Arizona Race to the Top: General Overview
- Arizona Race to the Top – Introductory Overview PowerPoint Presentation
Information for Participating LEAs:
- 2012-01-31 – Arizona Race to the Top: Next Steps for Participating LEAs
- Arizona Race to the Top – LEA Scope of Work PowerPoint Presentation
- Blank Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) – Only required for those eligible LEAs that choose to ‘opt-in’ as a Participating LEA and are not already reflected in the estimated LEA allocation list
- Arizona’s Final Grant Allocations ~ Race to the Top Participating LEAs New!
- Arizona RTTT LEA Scope of Work Template – Please Note: The included Standards Implementation Plan guidance for ELA and Math is in draft form.
- Updated – Standards Implementation Plan RTTT – This updated information serves to replace the reference guidance found within the current Arizona RTTT LEA Scope of Work Template
- Science Foundation Arizona (SFAz) Draft STEM Immersion Matrix Information
Arizona was awarded $25 million through the U.S. Department of Education’s Race to the Top Phase 3 (RTTT) grant program to advance Arizona’s education reform efforts. The ADE, in close collaboration with the Governor’s Office of Education Innovation and Arizona’s County School Superintendents will seek to:
- Establish Five Regional Education Centers in collaboration with County School Superintendents and the Governor’s Office of Education Innovation to serve as a key mechanism in delivering Race to the Top professional development, technical assistance and support services ($2.5M);
- Implement the Arizona 2010 Academic Standards (Common Core) using STEM as the vehicle ($3M); and,
- Complete the Student-Teacher-Course Connection to the ADE Statewide Longitudinal Data System (SLDS), through linking students and teachers to individual courses to provide timely, accurate and actionahble data at the classroom, school site, LEA and state levels ($2.5M)
Additionally, the Governor’s Office of Education Innovation has entered into a cooperative ISA with the ADE to provide support for vertical alignment of statewide goals and reform efforts between the ADE and the Five Regional Education Centers and create new data dashboards for the Arizona Ready Council State Report Card ($1.5M). The ADE will serve as the fiscal agent for the grant, and provide overall leadership, coordination and oversight for all project activities, and will also manage the allocation of RTTT funds to eligible LEAs ($3M). Half of the total award ($12.5M) will be allocated to eligible LEAs to implement Arizona’s RTTT Phase 3 plan. Eligible LEAs are those Title I LEAs that have signed Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs), and have completed a detailed Scope of Work. Allocations are determined by each participating LEAs relative share of funding under Title I, Part A for FY2010.