Save the Date – December 3 – 4, 2015
SAFE AND SUPPORTIVE SCHOOLS CONFERENCE 2015
Please join us for our 3rd. annual conference that brings together educators, support personnel, service providers, first responders, tribes, public health, emergency management, and researchers.
December 3: Pre Conference Workshop: Designing and Evaluating both Discussion and Operations-Based Exercises – Interactive session will includes hands-on tasks and produce tangible walk away product. Gary Sigrist, CEO, Safeguard and Risk Solutions, LLC – and Gene Komondor, Vice President at OneStar
December 4th Keynotes:
Frank DeAngelis, recently retired principal – Columbine’s extensive recovery on the role school climate and culture plays in the recovery process for both students, and the community at large.
Jason Schechterle, will pull from his personal journey of life, rebirth, and transformation, and make it applicable to our Arizona schools as he shares with you chronicles of his fight for life, his amazing recovery, and the inspiration that enables him to continue to persevere. His personal narrative exemplifies that the power of the human spirit can never be underestimated or extinguished.
Additional December 4th topics include:
School-wide strategies for safe and supportive schools –
- Identifying Adult Sexual Misconduct With Students
- Community Development Model For Substance Reduction On Campus
- Engaging Students Towards Violence Prevention
- Access And Functional Needs – New Generation Of Considerations
- Assessment Tools; Culture, Climate, Threat, Facility
Strategies for intervening early with students who need more supports
- Alternatives To Suspension – Panel
- Current Drug Trends and Use Recognition
- De-Escalation of Problem Behavior
Preparedness for campus and community crises as well as large-scale disasters –
- Workshop on Designing And Evaluating Exercises
- Threat Assessment – Behavioral Sciences and Critical Lessons
- Reunification Component of the Emergency Response Plan (ERP)
- Risk and Liabilities on Not Maintaining Your ERP
- “Swatting” – A Dangerous Prank – What schools need to know!
- Arizona Twist on Customizing the Arizona ERP Template
Planning for the recovery of significant events –
- Columbine -The Role School Culture Played in the School and Community Recovery Process
- What Crisis Teams Can do for Your School
9440 N 25th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85021