- A grant based on a state or federal mandate, or a formula where ADE does not have discretion and merely acts as a conduit.
- ADE is responsible for the final distribution of funds.
- On the online Fund Alert, eligible entities are notified of the amount of grant allocation/award and specifics regarding applying for grant. If the amount of grant allocation/award is not posted on the online Fund Alert and you did not receive an official letter advising an allocation/award amount, then contact the appropriate program office for further assistance.
- Entitlement/formula grant(s) typically available online via the Grants Management Online Applications.
- Does not require approval of the State Board of Education.
- A grant award that is typically not based on a formula or legislative mandate.
- Distribution of these funds is based upon the specific criteria of the grant where ADE acts as the administering agent and has responsibility for the final disposition of such funds. Examples: targeted audience and/or specific populations to be served, demographic factors, etc.
- Some competitive grant applications are available online via the Grants Management Online Applications. If not, then these applications will most likely be accepted via hard copy (paper copy) and should be followed up with a phone call/e-mail to the appropriate program office for further assistance.
- Original applications must be received by the date and time specified.
- Require approval of the State Board of Education
Posted in: General FAQs