Merge and Split
Merge tickets are being processed again. We’re down to only 350 tickets and are sensitive to finishing before the fiscal year end.
We expect the Split application next month, at which point we can start the 150 Split tickets that have queued so far.
There is a concern we’re getting in phone calls, “Common Logon is going away.” To better explain, ADE is moving access and permissions to ADE Connect. After the transition, the applications will be the same as usual, but accessed via ADE Connect.
School Finance has had several Workshop Wednesdays for the past 3 months, and are editing those videos to post online.
We are brainstorming training topics for the summer and welcome ideas for future sessions. Please email your School Finance Account Analyst with your suggestions.
Integrity rule 10200 went into AzEDS in December and a number of high schoolers failed Integrity for having received a diploma in FY 2016. The rule is back in development and is expected later this year.
Training: Membership Activity Codes and Year End Statuses
A Membership is the time period where a student receives instruction. Each Membership has an entry and exit date, and activity codes to describe the entry and exit.
Exit Type Codes
There are different times of year each exit code is applicable:
Exit Codes for FY 2018
School Finance, Accountability, and IT have been working on reinstating most S Codes for FY 2018. Watch the Accountability site for next year’s Official Notice of Pupil Withdrawal
Year End Statuses for FY 2017
See the Graduation, Dropout & Persistence Rate Tech Manual (Updated July 2015) for details.
- P: Promoted, promoted to the next grade (used in all grade levels except for grade 12)
- R: Retained, students who were retained in the same grade
- G: Graduate, received a diploma
- A: Attendees have concluded their high school education and are NOT expected to re-enroll
- C: Completed a course of study at a Joint Technical Education District (JTED) before or after graduation.
- SC: Students still enrolled (course of study) are students who will be enrolled for an additional year of high school to pursue a diploma
Follow along in the video
Please join us next week: