The first distribution has been made for FY2018 Rural Assistance. There will be two distributions made; the first being 70% of allocated funding, and the second making up the remaining 30% of the allocated funding. The $2.6 million will be reallocated prior to the second distribution. Locate your District/Charter District in the list linked below and review the payment details.
FY2018 Rural Assistance Payment 1 Allocations
The FY 2018 Early Literacy Payment amounts have been distributed. A list of payments can be seen below, with separate tabs for Districts and Charter Districts.
FY 2018 Early Literacy Payment Amounts
The FY 2018 BUDG25 reports have been updated, posted, and are available for download and review. To select a specific district, please click here. The updated BUDG25 report includes:
1. December 1st APOR 55-1 report values
2. Expenditure budget revisions processed through 12/7/2017, and
3. FY 2017 Budget Balance Carry Forward amounts for M&O and URC as calculated by the ADE.
The FY 2017 BUDG75 reports were published on 12/8/2017 and a School Finance Hot Topic was posted, available here. As a reminder, if the district was calculated as being over expended on the FY 2017 BUDG75 report, a zero will be displayed for the BBCF and the over expenditure amount for either or both funds will be included on the FY 2018 January BUDG25 report.
Please email the budget team with any budget-related questions or concerns at [email protected].
The FY 2018 1.06% Teacher Salary Increase has been included as a base support level adjustment on page 4 of the December APOR 55-1. The spreadsheet linked below compares 2017 actual AFR teacher salaries paid to budgeted amounts on page 2 of the FY 2018 Expenditure Budget on lines 3 and 4. It should be noted:
In all cases the LEA’s payment was based on the amount requested on line 8 of the “Additional Teacher Salary Increases (Laws 2017, Ch. 305, §33)” section on page 2 of the 2018 Expenditure Budget that was successfully processed into the system as of November 1, 2017; this is the amount in the last column of the linked spreadsheet and page 4 of the December APOR 55-1.
- LEAs will need to reconcile the amount as part of the Independent Audit process.
- Amounts should supplement by 1.06% and not supplant any intended 2018 salary amount.
- Code these funds to (fund-object): 001-3200
- Eligible teachers consist of any person whose salary is appropriately coded in Function 1000–Instruction and eligible to be included in the year-end Teacher Salary Tablet in the Certified Teacher Column on the Annual Financial Report (AFR) for school district (page 9) or charter school (page 7) in FY 2017 and who teaches at the district or charter during FY 2018.
- Do not include purchased services personnel or substitute teachers in either line. Districts and charters should maintain adequate documentation to support that each teacher included met the eligibility requirements. Laws 2017, Ch. 305, §33
FY2018 1.06% Teacher Salary Increase Amounts
The FY 2017 BUDG75 Reports have been published to the School Finance website and are available for download and review. The BUDG75 report reflects the 2017 statewide recalculation and any FY 2017 budget or AFR file submissions successfully processed into the system as of November 30, 2017.
Districts that were current year funded in FY 2017 will receive an adjustment for under budgeted RCL due to the statewide recalculation, which is similar to how the growth adjustment of the past was applied.
To select a specific District, please click the following link: https://www.ade.az.gov/Budget/EntitySelection.asp.
Please email the budget team with any questions or concerns at [email protected].
The School Finance November Updates memo 18-027 has been posted. Please choose FY2018 in the Memos menu or follow the link: https://sf.azed.gov/sf/numberedmemos/FY2018%20Numbered%20Memos/18-027.pdf
FY 2018 BUDG25 reports have been updated and are available here
• Teacher 1.06% Teacher Salary Adjustments
• Based on student data as of 5pm November 7, 2017
• K-3 Reading funds have been included for those LEAs who received approval on their K3 Reading plans as of October 26, 2017
• Preliminary December 1st APOR 55-1
If you are over expended by more than 1% of the GBL in M&O or Unrestricted Capital, a December revision is required. If you are over expended by less than 1% of the GBL, a December revision is optional. Please direct questions to [email protected]
Originally published 11/2/2017
FY2018 Prop 123 monies totaling $50 million will be paid out in two separate payments, each totaling $25 million. Payment 1 has been calculated and will be distributed the week of November 6th. Payment 1 amounts can be found in the link below; Districts are separated by county and Charters are listed alphabetically. Payments are based on the most recently run Classroom Site Fund counts. Funds will be re-calculated and re-allocated in Payment 2 later in the fiscal year.
Any questions, please contact the payment team at [email protected]
Prop 123 FY 2018 Payment 1
Originally published on 10/26/2017
In accordance with A.R.S. §15-905(E), the FY 2018 BUDG25 Budget Verification Letters have been posted to each applicable district budgets homepage of the ADE School Finance website.
The November 2018 report has also been posted. To download and review a specific district from the ADE School Finance website, please click here.
FY2018 ADM was used for the reports. A matching APOR 55-1 will be posted on Monday 10/30/2018
For more details on these reports, please read the following Hot Topic: http://www.azed.gov/finance/2017/10/05/oct-2018-budg25-reports-posted-dec-revision-alert/
As a reminder, if a district is exceeding its ADE calculated limit for M&O exclusively due to the K3 Reading Add-On Funding not being calculated in the district’s RCL on the APOR 55-1 (Apportionment date of 11/1/2017), a December 15th budget revision for M&O will not be required.
Please email any budget questions or concerns to the School Finance budget team at [email protected] .