Preliminary calculations for the FY2018 Rural Assistance allocation have been completed. There will be two distributions made; the first being 70% of allocated funding, and the second making up the remaining 30% of the allocated funding. The $2.6 million will be reallocated prior to the second distribution. Locate your District/Charter District in the list linked below and review the payment details. Please direct any questions or concerns to [email protected] by Friday, November 10, 2017. Distribution of Payment 1 is intended for the end of November. Please see Memo 18-025
AzEDS: Integrity Rule -10116
Rule -10116 was failing for all JTED students. It reads, “The Track submitted for a student’s enrollment record must be for the school the student is attending or the Track for the LEA under which the school resides.”
- Short Term Solution is DONE!: Temporarily remove JTED logic from rule
- Long Term Solution is in progress: Rework rule for REST API 3.0 Track data schema
AzEDS: Integrity Rule -20037
Rule -20037 should be Fiscal Year 2017 specific and reads, “This student was submitted with one of the Summer Withdrawal Codes which are being discontinued. The only code that will be accepted is S7.”
This rule has been disabled in AzEDS for Fiscal Year 2018 onwards.
Deadline for November Payment
The data capture deadline was October 3rd and the ADM data is significantly improved over previous months.
Wednesday Workshop October: Integrity for Beginners
Planning a training at our Jefferson office to help new data coordinators with Integrity errors. You can email [email protected] to sign up.
Last Week of SDER
The deadline is 10/16/2017. Please see our Hot Topic for more information.
Training: Summary ADM and Payment, or “Why is my payment is so short?”
You can follow along on the video or call (602) 542-5695 for help reconciling ADM20 reports from AzEDS, ADMS46-1 reports from the web, and Payments reports.
Join us on October 20th at the same link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0PJ7Mg5plHOoZ5XjiC56lg/live
The October FY2018 BUDG25 reports have been posted and are based on:
- 2017 ADM for the vast majority of districts until 11/01/2017, at which time current year 2018 ADM will be used for the vast majority. There is a message at the top of the report stating if 2017 or 2018 ADM was used.
- APOR 55-1 with a run date of 9/11/2017 (Apportionment Date; 10/01/2017)
- Budgets that have successfully processed through 9/30/2017
- K3 Reading May NOT be included in the RCL In order to receive funding, all districts must now submit a plan to the State Board of Education for approval. K-3 reading funding will be released once we receive approval from the State Board of Education*
BUDG25 LETTER NOTICIFICATON of Need For a December Revision ALERT
The November BUDG25 report will be posted early (week of 10/23/2017) with the RCL based on ADM for the current year for vast majority of the districts. These reports will be used to generate the BUDG25 December Revision Notification Letters that ADE must statutorily post by 10/30/2017
To download and review a specific entity’s budget reports, select the district name after clicking here.
Please contact the SF Budget Team ([email protected]) with any questions, except as noted below.
* Contact the Move On When Reading ([email protected] ; 602-364-2355) with questions regarding the district’s plan and/or when it is scheduled for review
The FY 2018 Results-Based Funding Payment 1 will be distributed Wednesday, October 4, 2017. Please see links below for previous Hot Topics and Memos regarding the FY 2018 Results-Based Funding.
The School District Employee Report (SDER) On-Line Application is now to accept employee data. This application is accessible through Common Logon.
You must submit your SDER data by 4:30 p.m. on Monday, October 16, 2017.
The FY2018 Memo 18-018 that includes instructions for submitting data has been published in the memo section of the School Finance webpage: https://sf.azed.gov/sf/numberedmemos/FY2018%20Numbered%20Memos/18-018.pdf
If you have any questions about your SDER, please contact the [email protected]
Please note that SDER is required for districts. Please include the 1.06% teacher salary increase for FY2018 in the total salary reported for each individual certified teacher.
Charter schools sponsored by the AZ State Board for Charter Schools, universities and community colleges are not obligated to submit the data and should not submit data.
Teacher Salary Increase FY2018 Budget Revision Guidance
WHAT: Districts and Charters may revise the calculation on the 2018 budget page 2 and Work Sheet C for the amount needed for the 1.06% teacher salary increase based on the final FY 2017 teacher salaries for eligible teachers. WHEN: On or before November 1, 2017 (After the FY 2017 AFR is completed).
MEETING NOTIFICATION REQUIREMENT: To revise the budget for this calculation, districts and charters must again comply with the same notice and separate vote requirements as prescribed in the Publishing Requirements for the adopted budget. Unlike the adopted budget the budget/summary is not required to be published with the notification. Just the notice of hearing and vote.
MEETING NOTIFICATION PROCEDURE:
- OPEN the same meeting notification form used for the adopted budget (BudgetAdoptionHearingNotification.xls).
- COPY & PASTE the text in EXCEL cell H3 to cell A3.
- COPY & PASTE the text in EXCEL cell H16 to cell A16.
- DELETE all text in column H.
- SAVE the File.
- SELECT the file and PRESS the F2 function key, remove the word “Adoption” from the file name to read simply BudgetHearingNotification.xls. Or any name desired but it must maintain the .xls format.
- UPLOAD the file through Common Logon.
POST A LINK TO THE FILE ON THE DISTRICT’s WEBSITE:
- NAVIGATE to the district’s ADE submitted file status page (https://www.ade.az.gov/Budget/EntitySelection.asp).
- RIGHT CLICK on the district’s uploaded Meeting Notification Excel file link (in the file name column).
- SELECT “copy shortcut”, “copy link location”, or similar depending on the browser you are using.
- PASTE the link to the district’s website.
➡ ALERT: If the budget calculation is not revised, ADE will use the calculation on the adopted budget to determine the amounts to allocate to each district and charter school by December 1, 2017.
If you have any questions, please email the SF BUDGET TEAM ([email protected])
Please note: Memo 18-012 “Results-Based Funding Distribution, Eligibility Requirements, and Accounting and Expenditure Reporting” has been updated to reflect a definition of “Replication” in respect to Results-Based Funding and its use. Please see the updated content of memo 18-012 here.
The deadline for data for Payment 3 ADM was 9/5/2017. As of the deadline, all LEAs except one were submitting to AzEDS. Many LEAs were very successful, however, various technical issues affected some LEAs. After analysis, School Finance is using ADM from ACE on 9/7/2017 for some LEAs, as listed below. With the exception of the one LEA that hadn’t yet submitted, all other LEAs will be paid using the same methodology as the first 2 payments: basing payment on Charter Estimated Counts for charter districts and FY 2017 ACE results for school districts.
Please plan for AzEDS ACE results on the evening of October 3rd for the November 1st payment, returning to the posted schedule.
Analysis of Payment 3 ADM is taking longer than expected. The September School Finance memo and a Hot Topic describing Payment 3 will be published on Monday 9/18/2017.
Have a nice weekend.
SB1156 was approved this spring, updating instructional time requirements for students attending high school.
School Finance is currently writing guidance on this recent change and in the interim encourages all local education agencies (LEAs) to adhere to the wording of the bill as much as possible. Please see the Arizona State Legislature website for the text of the bill: http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/53leg/1R/laws/0333.htm.
A few key items to keep in mind:
- Full-time enrollment still requires 4 or more subjects, each of which must meet 123 hours during the year.
- Time for lunch, study hall, and other scheduled time which contributes to the academic success of the students may only be used for the difference between the 720 hours required annually and the instructional time for the 4 or more subjects.
- Time other than the 4 or more subjects which is counted toward the 720 hours must be scheduled within your student information system just as the subjects are.
When the guidance is completed it will be posted on the School Finance webpage: http://www.azed.gov/finance/.