The Office of English Language Acquisition Services (OELAS) 2012 conference ‘ELLs: Transitioning to Tomorrow’ will begin at 8:30AM on Wednesday, December 12 and conclude after lunch on Friday, December 14, 2012. On-site registration will be offered on Tuesday evening from 5:00PM-6:30PM and on Wednesday starting at 7:00AM. Information Desks will be available throughout the conference.
JW Marriott Starr Pass Tucson
3800 W. Starr Pass Boulevard
Tucson, Arizona 85745
Call toll-free at 1-877-622-3140 to make guestroom reservations.
General Information is available at 1-520-792-3500
Guest rooms are available at $83.00 per night plus tax and based on availability. Be sure to make your reservations prior to November 12, 2012 to secure this rate and mention the OELAS conference when making your reservations.
Breakfast and lunch are provided on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Dinner is provided with the Wednesday ELL Teacher of the Year Awards Banquet.
|Tuesday, December 11||5:00PM-6:30PM Registration|
|Wednesday, December 12||7:00AM-8:30AM Registration|
|Wednesday, December 12||8:30AM-4:00PM Keynote, Sessions|
|Wednesday, December 12||6:00PM-8:00PM ELL Teacher of the Year|
|Thursday, December 13||8:00AM-3:00PM Keynote, Sessions|
|Thursday, December 13||3:00PM-4:30PM ELL Success Stories|
|Friday, December 14||8:00AM-12:30PM Keynote, Sessions|
- Registration will be processed exclusively online and will open on September 1 and close on November 23, 2012.
- Please note that you are not considered registered for the conference unless you receive an online confirmation number.
A purchase order serves as backup for billing but does not register you for the conference.
- Please input your name and organization under “Information About You” exactly as you want them to appear on your conference badge. Be sure to list your district name and address under “Payment Information.”
- Online registration will close on November 23, 2012. After November 23, registration will be accepted only at the conference location on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you have not already registered online, you must bring a purchase order or check with you.
- Once registered online, you are responsible for all conference fees even if you fail to attend the conference unless you cancel in writing on or before the November 30, 2012 deadline.
Fees are $395 per person and cover materials, continental breakfast, breaks, lunch and the ELL Teacher of the Year banquet. Your general conference registration fee includes the ELL Teacher of the Year Award Banquet but only with prior online registration for this event (a separate registration online). Please enter your conference registration confirmation number under ‘Check Number’ to show that you are eligible to attend the banquet at no additional cost. Your registration fee supports the ELL Teacher of the Year Award.
Payment and Purchase Order Information
- Registrations will not be accepted without a Requisition, Purchase Order or Check Number.
- Check Payments or Purchase Orders should be made out to the Arizona Department of Education and mailed to: ADE; Office of English Language Acquisition Services; Bin 31; 1535 W. Jefferson,Phoenix,AZ85007or faxed Attn: Office of English Language Acquisition Services (OELAS) @ 602-542-3050.
- Please enter the District or entity name and address under “Payment” Information. (not your personal/school location–unless they are the same).
- All requests must be made in writing and sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org , no later than November 30, 2012.
- Emails will receive a return confirmation verifying the change or cancellation. This is your proof of cancellation.
- If you do not cancel prior to the deadline, you are responsible for all conference fees even if you fail to attend the conference.
Sending changes prior to the conference will greatly facilitate paperwork and badge changes for attendees. You may fax changes Attn: Office of English Language Acquisition Services at 602-542-3050 or email to email@example.com. All name changes must be received before November 23; otherwise, bring them with you to the Conference Registration Desk.
- Your confirmation number is your proof of registration; please bring it with you to the conference.
- Please do not press the ‘submit/registration’ button more than once.
- Be sure to go completely through the online registration process and press ‘save’.
- Any duplicate registrations will automatically be deleted from the system.
The Arizona Department of Education is partnering with the Arizona Educational Representatives Association (AERA) to coordinate exhibits at conferences. Registration for exhibitors will be handled directly through AERA. Please contact Kim Peters at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.