We hope your school will consider applying for the Excellence in Civic Engagement Program so that you can be recognized as one of Arizona’s Civic Engagement Schools for your work in helping prepare your students to participate as active and responsible citizens. The “Arizona Civic Engagement School” designation will do more than highlight to the community your commitment to civic education: The designation will also assure that our republic’s future is secure in the hands of educated, prepared youth.
- School Application Rubric 2014-2015
- Descriptions and Explanations of Six Proven Practices in Civic Learning
- Guidebook on Six Proven Practices in Civic Learning
- Summary of Civic Learning
- School Application Samples:
School of Excellence ~ Sample #1
School of Excellence ~ Sample #2
School of Distinction ~ Sample #1
School of Distinction ~ Sample #2
School of Merit ~ Sample #1
Application Deadline: May 1, 2015
Announcement of Results: August 3, 2015
Recognition Ceremony: September 17, 2015
For questions about the ECEP Application, please email CivicEngagement@azed.gov.