Arizona’s Measurement of Educational Readiness to Inform Teaching
In November 2014, the Arizona State Board of Education adopted a new statewide achievement test, AzMERIT, for Arizona students. In order to help communicate the purpose of the new test and several important aspects of the upcoming implementation process, the Arizona Department of Education has created a series of helpful resources to guide all stakeholders. Please check this page often as we will regularly be adding new resources including vendor-specific documents.
- Letter to Parents (English)
- Letter to Parents (Español)
- Letter to Teachers and Education Community
- Letter to School Administrators
- State Board Q and A Specific to AIR Award
For more information regarding the selection and RFP process, please visit the State Board of Education’s website.
AzMERIT Test Administration Information New
Testing Window for 2015
Spring 2015 – Online Test Window
March 30 – May 8*
*Writing must be completed by April 24
Spring 2015 – Paper Test Window
April 13 – April 24
General AzMERIT Information Updated 11-20-14
The following series of documents (The Basics) is designed to give educators, students, parents, and members of the public more information about what a new statewide assessment means for Arizona. Materials will be updated regularly.
The Transition to Computer-Based Testing
The Arizona Computer-Based Testing Readiness Report
These documents are for Achievement Testing District Test Coordinators to use to complete the Arizona Computer-Based Readiness Report.
- Computer-Based Inventory – Excel – October 2014
- Arizona Computer-Based Testing Readiness Report User’s Guide – October 2014
- Arizona Computer-Based Testing Readiness Report Training – October 2014
Additional Resources for Teachers and Students Updated 11-20-14
Depth of Knowledge (DOK) Resources
- Board Chooses New Assessment with Arizona Students as Top Priority (November 3, 2014)
- State Board of Education Adopts Principles to Guide New A-F School Accountability System (October 28, 2014)
The Arizona Department of Education will be seeking educator involvement in several projects related to the new assessment. If you are interested, please complete or update a committee application.
If you have any questions, please email Testing@azed.gov.