In November 2014, the Arizona State Board of Education adopted a new statewide achievement test, AzMERIT, for Arizona students. In order to help communicate the purpose of the new test and several important aspects of the upcoming implementation process, the Arizona Department of Education has created a series of helpful resources to guide all stakeholders. Please check this page often as we will regularly be adding new resources including vendor-specific documents.
Click the image on the left to visit the AzMERIT Portal – NEW
AzMERIT Test Administration Information
Testing Window for 2015
Spring 2015 – Computer-Based Test Window
March 30 – May 8*
*Writing must be completed by April 24
Spring 2015 – Paper-Based Test Window
April 13 – April 24
AzMERIT End-of-Course (EOC) Testing Guidance for Spring 2015
AzMERIT Testing Conditions, Tools, and Accommodations Guidance for Spring 2015
General AzMERIT Information
The following series of documents (The Basics) is designed to give educators, students, parents, and members of the public more information about what a new statewide assessment means for Arizona. Materials will be updated regularly.
For more information regarding the selection and RFP process, please visit the State Board of Education’s website.
The Transition to Computer-Based Testing
The Arizona Computer-Based Testing Readiness Report
These documents are for Achievement Testing District Test Coordinators to use to complete the Arizona Computer-Based Readiness Report.
- System Requirements for AzMERIT
- Computer-Based Inventory – Excel – October 2014
- Arizona Computer-Based Testing Readiness Report User’s Guide – December 2014
- Arizona Computer-Based Testing Readiness Report Training – October 2014
Resources for Teachers and Students
AzMERIT Calculator Guidance
AzMERIT Writing Rubrics and Writing Guides
*The writing guides will be available for students use as part of the Writing portion of AzMERIT.
Depth of Knowledge (DOK) Resources
Press Releases and Letters
- Board Chooses New Assessment with Arizona Students as Top Priority (November 3, 2014)
- State Board of Education Adopts Principles to Guide New A-F School Accountability System (October 28, 2014)
- Letter to Parents (English)
- Letter to Parents (Español)
- Letter to Teachers and Education Community
- Letter to School Administrators
The Arizona Department of Education will be seeking educator involvement in several projects related to the new assessment. If you are interested, please complete or update a committee application.
If you have any questions, please email AzMERIT@azed.gov.