ADE is committed to supporting every school and every educator with the resources they need to help students reach their goals. A key component of the AELAS initiative is a robust student information system (SIS). ADE is pleased to be able to offer Edupoint’s Synergy® SIS to all local education agencies (LEAs – districts and charter authorities) with a pricing structure that makes it accessible to LEAs of all sizes and locations.
All LEAs opting for the state-sponsored SIS receive the following services as part of the flat per-student rate (see Pricing Structure tab):
- Licensed use of Synergy SIS—The cost structure is transparent and affordable.
- Support—ADE will provide direct support to all LEAs and users.
- Comprehensive Hosting—All software and data are hosted in a secure environment. LEAs will not need to maintain a server infrastructure. All services are Web-accessible.
The following features and modules are included in the state-sponsored Synergy SIS package. This list is not comprehensive, but should provide an idea of what is available.
|Included Feature Highlights|
|School Office Administration||
• Health, Immunizations
• Meal Applications
• ELL Data
• Enrollments & Withdrawals
• Report Cards & Transcripts
• Multilanguage Parent Portals
• Summer School & Afterschool Programs
• Athletic Eligibility
|TeacherVUE™ Gradebook||• Traditional Format
• Standards-Based Format
• Student Grade History
• Scoring and Weighting Options
• Customizable Performance Bands
• Report Cards
• ParentVUE and StudentVUE Integration
|ParentVUE™ Web Portal||• LEA-Customized View
• One login to see all children
• Attendance and Discipline records
• Real-time Grade and Assessment Tracking
• Assignment Tracking
• Teacher Communication
• Information Updating
|StudentVUE™ Web Portal||Similar to ParentVUE plus
• Assignment Digital Dropbox
• Work in Progress Locker
|Scheduling||• Manage Course Requests
• Schedule Staff
• Track Qualifications
• Room Resources
• Mass Scheduling
• Automatic or Manual Scheduling
• Master Schedule Builder
• Walk-in Scheduler for Mid-Year Changes
• ClassBoard Drag-and-Drop
• Teams, Blocks, Rotations, Planning Periods
|Querying and Reporting||• Easy to Build Queries
• Output to 8 File Types
• Microsoft SQL Server-Based
• SQL Querying Within Application
• Customizable Formats
• Customized Reporting
|AZ State Reporting||• AzEDS Integration
• Full Compliance
• Always Up-to-Date
Customers New to Synergy
LEAs adopting the state-sponsored Synergy SIS for the first time will pay slightly more for the first year to help with implementation costs, but in the second and subsequent years will pay a lower per-student-fee annually for SIS license fees, support, and hosting.
Customers Currently Using Synergy SIS
Those LEAs with current Synergy SIS contracts can opt to transition to a state contract. LEAs moving from a private contract with Edupoint to the state contract will not pay extra SIS implementation costs.*
*A separate one-time implementation fee of $600 will be assessed for each additional third-party application or product that needs to be integrated into the new SIS installation.
FY16–FY17 Pricing Structure
|Scenario||FY16 New Contract Cost||FY16 Renewal Cost||FY17 Renewal Cost|
|3rd-Party Module/Application Connection (e.g. Transportation, Food Service, etc.)||$600/application – one-time cost#|
#Full data integration of third-party applications/modules may require additional fees.
The following features and modules are offered as optional additions to the core state-sponsored Synergy SIS license.
|Optional Module||Feature Highlights|
|Synergy® Online Registration||• Parents register children online
• Family registration links children
• Staff can view waitlists
• Dynamic forms with field verification
• Enrollment record routing
|LessonVUE™||• Fully integrated with TeacherVUE™
• Curriculum Repository
• Customizable Curriculum Maps
• Data-Driven Curriculum Analysis
• Collaboration Tools
|Synergy® Assessment||• Fully integrated with TeacherVUE™ and LessonVUE™
• Assessment Creation Tools
• Standards-aligned Format
• Assessment Dashboard
|Synergy® Special Education||•Integration with TeacherVUE™ and ParentVUE™
• Customizable Workflows
• Document Creation and Management
• IEP Streamlining
• Compliance Tracking
• Behavior and Incident Tracking
• Medicaid Management Tools
|SchoolPay®||• Centralized Payment System
• Integrated with Synergy® SIS
• Customizable Reports
• Custom Payment Pages
• Advanced Querying
The adoption and implementation process includes the following services:
- Training — Product training opportunities available for opt-in LEAs on how to use Synergy.
- Hosting — Synergy SIS and all data will be securely hosted, relieving LEAs of the need to maintain a SIS server infrastructure or make software updates.
- Data Conversion — Migration may be available in some circumstances.