I Do, We Do, You Can! Best Practices for the World Language Classroom
- Wed, Mar 8 2023 - Wed, Mar 8 2023 • Webinar
- K-12 Academic Standards World & Native Languages
- How do you measure student performance in the world language classroom?
- In what ways do Can Do statements align with standards?
- How can you engage students in their own learning?
The goal for all language learners is to develop a functional use of another language for one’s personal contexts and purposes. The Can-Do Statements serve two purposes to advance this goal: for programs, the statements provide learning targets for curriculum and unit design, serving as performance indicators; for language learners, the statements provide a way to chart their progress through incremental steps. This webinar will demonstrate evidence-based practices using Can-Do statements in alignment with state standards. Teachers will walk away with ready-to-use materials, an understanding of Can-Do statements, and new partnerships with other educators
DateWed, Mar 8 2023 - Wed, Mar 8 2023
Time4:00PM - 5:00PM