Multi-Tiered System of Supports
Arizona State Statute allows for the following methods in determining eligibility under the category of Specific Learning Disability (SLD):
- A discrepancy between achievement and ability;
- The child’s response to scientific, research based interventions; or
- Other alternative research-based procedures.
Public Education Agencies that choose to allow the use of a child’s response to scientific, research based interventions, or Multi-tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) in determining SLD eligibility must ensure the amount and nature of student performance data to be collected is:
- sufficient to determine eligibility and develop a data driven IEP; and
- clearly documented in the Multidisciplinary Evaluation Team report.