Holocaust by Bullets in Central and Eastern Europe
Join us for an in-person 2-day workshop to learn more about this unknown chapter of Holocaust history and its contemporary implications.
During the workshop which will be facilitated by Yahad - In Unum educators you will:
- Learn about the fate of the Jewish communities in the former Soviet Union and about the mass shootings in which they perished, known today by Holocaust by Bullets.
- Discover Yahad - In Unum's investigative work in the archives and in the field: the organization has interviewed over 7,400 eyewitnesses to those crimes and it has identified over 3,000 killing sites in Eastern Europe.
- Investigate excerpts from eyewitness testimonies and how these can be used to enhance students' critical thinking skills.
- Get an overview of educational tools which will help you address this part of Holocaust history with your students.
- Learn about contemporary mass crimes investigated by Yahad - in Unum: mass killings of the Mayan population in Guatemala, Yazidi genocide in Iraq, war crimes Ukraine.
- Discuss means of connecting the past with the present and of making the study of the Holocaust relevant to students' lives.
When: June 7-8, 2022, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Where: Arizona Jewish Historical Society, 122 East Culver Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004
Cost: Free, Breakfast and lunch included