AzEDS Student Name and DOB
- Fri, Oct 30 2020
AzEDS is preparing for a move to retain the most recently submitted student name and birth date on a Student Unique ID, also referred to as SAIS ID or SSID. Previously, changes were only allowed during the first year a Student Unique ID was established. The names and birth dates that existed at the end of the first year became static. Students in FY2017 continued to utilize their FY2017 submitted name and birth date information for the years to follow regardless of any updates that might have been submitted. This is a concern for name changes or in the event that a Student Unique ID is accidentally shared by multiple students. In order to prepare for this change, please review the following:
- With the impending AzEDS update, the most recently submitted name and birth date will be used in AzEDS nightly processes that result in post-Integrity reports such as the ADM15.
- The “STUD25-Student Name/DOB Variance Report” is a new report which can be found in the Student Detail section of the Reports page on the AzEDS Portal.
- This report includes the names and birth dates submitted for students in this fiscal year (Pre-Integrity) and compares with the names and birth dates recorded in AzEDS (Post-Integrity).
- A discrepancy will indicate that student information has been recently updated in a prior year as would occur in the A.R.S. § 15-901 data correction process.
- To resolve variances, resubmit the latest information for the student in the current fiscal year and allow AzEDS nightly processing to complete.
- Create a Help Desk ticket for School Finance to request assistance with the data in this report.
- If an LEA is certain that the Student Unique ID belongs solely to their student, they may ask their SIS vendor for guidance on resubmitting the student demographic data such as the name and birth date. Otherwise, an LEA may need to verify who the original student was and submit a Split request with School Finance at http://helpdeskexternal.azed.gov/. The LMTADM25 and MEM10 reports can be used to identify any other LEA that is submitting membership for your students in the current fiscal year.
Please ensure all variances are resolved by 4pm on 11/23 to prepare for this change in AzEDS.