Attendance Factor is a required edit check that ADE must perform for each claim submission. The Attendance Factor percentage is set each year for all entities. For a district or charter, a calculation is performed using prior year data reported in AzEDS which includes the Average Daily Attendance divided by the Average Daily Enrollment. If the entity does not report in AzEDS, the default Attendance Factor established by ADE is set.
- For an Attendance Factor Calculation Form, click here.
Attendance Factor form can be found in Grants Management Resource Library under Program Area Resources in Health and Nutrition on the Grants Management Enterprise (GME). In order to be able to submit the claim, an Attendance Factor form must be completed and submitted for the month in question. The completed form will be submitted to Grants Management using the Grants Management’s General Request template in Help Desk. The LEA or entity will need to refresh and save the claim data in order for the updated Attendance Factor to calculate.
General Statement of Assurances (GSA)
- For information on the General Statement of Assurances, click here.
If a Local Education Agency (LEA) or entity does not submit their claim for meals within 60 days from the month end, a One Time Exception would need to be requested. One Time Exceptions will only be granted once every 36 months. To determine eligibility, contact Grants Management using the Grants Management’s General Request template in Help Desk.
- For a One Time Exception (OTE) Form, click here.
One Time Exception form can be found in Grants Management Resource Library under Program Area Resources in Health and Nutrition on the Grants Management Enterprise (GME). Form must be completed in its entirety, signed by the Authorized Signer, and submitted to Grants Management using the Grants Management’s General Request template in Help Desk. Upon submission, form will be reviewed by Grants Management, determination will be made, and LEA or entity will be contacted concerning eligibility status.
Register for Automatic Updates via Phone Call
- For a form to receive automatic updates on Grants Management’s processes, due dates, system enhancements, and much more, click here.
To return funds for grants or other expenditures (i.e., conferences) to the Department of Education (ADE):
- Review the Return of Monies – Instructions.
- Complete the Return of Monies form.
- Confirm the Check Warrant Number and the Total Amount of the check are accurate.
- Provide a copy of invoice(s), refund letter, or notification.
- These include conferences, training sessions, and registration fees.
- Please Note: Separate checks are required for each individual refund reason.
- Contact Grants Management at (602) 542-3901 or Accounting at [email protected] with any questions.
- Return all completed documents to: