Per the notice from Exceptional Student Services last revised on September 15, 2020, students placed at the Arizona School for the Deaf and Blind, whether through a voucher or fee-for-service, must now be submitted to AzEDS by the district of residence (DOR) responsible for that student (where the parent/guardian resides). To ensure proper state aid, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- A student attends LEA/DISTRICT but also receives ASDB services via a voucher:
- The LEA reports the student as a tuition payer code 7.
- If the student is attending your public school, that should be the site reported for the child.
- If the student is attending an ASDB Campus, the entity relationship will have to be established in AzEDS for the student attending that location. For a listing of those sites and their entity IDs and CTDS numbers please see the ESS special education program website.
- If the ASDB site appears in your AzEDS portal school dropdown list, then the relationship has been established.
- If the ASDB site does not appear in your AzEDS portal school dropdown list, please submit a Help Desk ticket to have this relationship established by an Account Analyst.
- A student attends LEA/DISTRICT but also receives ASDB services via fee for service:
- The LEA reports the student as a tuition payer code 1.
- The student should be reported at the public school they are attending.
- If you have a special exception to this, please contact ESS Data Management ([email protected]) so ESS can walk through the placement.
If you have a scenario that does not fall within either of the options above, please email ESS Data Management at [email protected] detailing your scenario so they can assist in ensuring the student will be properly submitted and state aid will be generated accordingly.