Local Education Agencies (LEA) submit student data to the state via Arizona Education Data Standards (AzEDS). School Finance maintains databases of schools and their attributes and relationships to keep AzEDS running smoothly.
For news, reference guides, and FAQs about AzEDS, please see the AzEDS overview page.
To view AzEDS data, users need ADEConnect permissions. For news, training, and technical information about ADEConnect, please see the ADEConnect overview page.
Once a user has AzEDS permission in ADEConnect, they can access AzEDS via the AzEDS Portal.
To submit to AzEDS, every LEA has it’s own key and secret.
To add a new LEA to AzEDS, please submit an Entity Profile Form. There are additional instructions for the Entity Profile Form, if needed. After the LEA is created in our database, the [email protected] will send the key and secret.
To add a new school to AzEDS, please submit an Entity Profile Form. There are additional instructions for the Entity Profile Form, if needed. The same form can be used if the name, grades served, or AOI of a status of a school needs to be updated.
- To apply for alternative status for a school, please see the Accountability & Research site. Information about the requirements for Alternative School Status and the application process is available here: http://www.azed.gov/accountability-research/altschoolapp/. Questions about Alternative School Status should be directed to [email protected].
- To add a Dropout Recovery Program (DRP) pursuant to A.R.S. § 15-901.06 to a school, please email [email protected].
- To add a Post-secondary Concurrent Coursework Program (PCCP) pursuant to A.R.S. § 15-901.07 to a school, please email [email protected].
By default, every LEA can submit student data to the schools it owns. If you need to submit memberships to another public or private school, please submit an AzEDS Tuition-out Form. The same from can be used to remove a school your LEA will no longer submit for.
School Finance uses the first 100 instructional days to calculate ADM for each school, and AzEDS uses the instructional calendar to validate data quality. Each summer the API for calendars is locked to prevent ADM fluctuations.
- To update a calendar after the API is locked, please submit an AzEDS Calendar Access Request Form.
- To insert a calendar after the API is locked, please submit an AzEDS Calendar Access Request Form.
- In FY2020, AzEDS changed the underlying structure of track numbers to calendar types. Every (non-AOI) school needs a primary calendar, and is allowed additional Kindergarten or preschool calendars. To request more calendars than the default amounts, please submit an Calendar Exemption Request Form.
- To update a calendar as part of a FY2019 915, please submit an AzEDS Calendar Access Request Form (FY2019).
- To update a calendar as part of a FY2018 or FY2017 915, please submit an Calendar Change Request Form.
AzEDS runs the data submitted by LEAs against business rules nightly. Integrity rules are grouped by the kind of data being checked, the state or federal program with the rule, and by ADM eligibility.
Instructional Calendars in AzEDS run through business rules before the student memberships associated to the calendars are checked. For help understanding calendar integrity, please see our AzEDS Calendar Integrity Troubleshooting Guide.