Our goal in the Certification Unit is to serve each of our customers with the best possible customer service while completing the certification process. We understand there is heightened concern in regard to the COVID-19 virus, we also understand the desire and need to continue with assisting you, the public, with certification.
Starting Thursday March 19th and until further notice we are only accepting applications for certification services via our online portal or through regular mail.
We are happy to assist you with questions:
- E-mail at [email protected]
- Hotline phone at 602-542-4367
- Our website at http://www.azed.gov/educator-certification/
To apply online, visit the AzEdCert page for directions and the link to the AzEDCert Educator Portal.
Almost all services can be applied for online:
- All Certificate renewals
- All initial certificates (Substitute, Standard Professional, CTE, STEM, Subject Matter Expert, Emergency, etc.)
- All approved areas (Content area designations added to appropriate certificates)
- All endorsements (Specialization – content and student groups – added to appropriate certificates)
To apply via mail, send your application and materials to:
Arizona Department of Education – Certification Unit
P.O. Box 6490
Phoenix, AZ 85005-6490
All services can be applied for via regular mail. Additionally, transfers, deficiency removals, name change, and duplicate copy requests are not available through our online portal at this time and may only be applied for via regular mail.
Thank you for your understanding.