MHOF is in a position to extend its grantmaking of musical instruments to schools nationwide with a focus on low-income communities.
Schools that meet the following guidelines are eligible for consideration of a grant as part of The Foundation’s strategic district-wide plan:
- School must serve a minimum of 65% economically disadvantaged students
- School must have an established instrumental music program that is offered during the regular school day; all types of instrumental programs qualify (i.e. band, strings, mariachi, guitar labs, keyboard labs, jazz band, modern band, etc.)
- School must have an instrumental music teacher that has completed at least two consecutive years teaching at the applying school
- School must have an existing inventory of instruments
- School must have a dedicated instrumental music room with adequate and secure storage for musical instruments
Music educators are encouraged to submit a brief pre-qualification form on or by August 19, 2022, to be considered for an invitation to apply. If invited, teachers will be asked to complete an online application in consideration of a grant of musical instruments to the school’s music program.
With questions, reach out to [email protected].