Student Opportunities through AzDEO in the 2020-2021 School Year
AzDEO Dance Advocacy Student Essay Contest (DUE October 15th)
Applications now open for the AzDEO Dance Advocacy Student Essay Contest.
Contest Requirements: Open to grade levels 7th-post-secondary. This year’s theme: “Describe a specific challenging time in your life and the impact dance had on your life during that time.”
Cash awards will be given to support the student’s dance program.
To apply: go to azdeo.org under Awards/Scholarships. Essays are due Oct 15th.
Encourage your students to apply.
AzDEO Student Choreography Contest (DUE 10.15, 1.15, 3.15)
AzDEO announces its Student Choreography Contest for 2020-2021. Students in Middle and High School and College are encouraged to submit their choreography for adjudication.
- Must be based on the given theme. This year’s theme is “Positivity & Resilience.” (Maintaining your positivity and resilience through challenging times.)
- The maximum length is 4 minutes.
- Only the choreography will be judged, but performance can affect the quality of the choreography.
- The choreographer does not have to be a performer.
- Choreography Criteria
- Composition, Originality/Creativity, Visual Effect, Interpretation of Accompaniment
- Must be submitted digitally to the google drive link. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QTRXJr8c6swF2xtniN7nP_6c163Xw18F
- MP4 format only
- Must include your name, age, school at the beginning of the video, and a written artistic statement also submitted (include your name, age, and school).
- Submissions are due Oct. 15th, Jan. 15th, and March 15th. Each deadline date is for a new round of adjudication.
- Only 4 submissions per school per each submission deadline. 4 may be submitted on October, 4 on January, 4 on March.
AzDEO will award a certificate to the student and school.