AzDEO is pleased to announce the 4th Annual Dance Educator Retreat.
This year will be a little different and will be offered virtually (via Zoom) due to COVID19. Movement type and discussion classes will still be offered, specifically designed for teachers in any setting.
Date: Saturday August 22nd from 8 am.-12:00 pm.
Cost: $40 for members, $65 for non-members, $40 for students.
- Buti Yoga: Brittny Estle. Vinyasa style yoga flow combined with tribal-Dance cardio, plyometrics, and strength/flexibility
- Yoga Flow for Dancers: Leanne Schmidt. Flowy, musical, focus on stabilizing and balancing postures.
- Equity and Inclusion in the Classroom: Erica Maxwell from ADE
- Reconstructing Our Teaching Practices: Uncovering our Internal Biases: Tiffany White, De’Vonne Gonzales, Susannah Keita. Closely examine the ways in which you think about your students of color and learn new and effective ways to teach with equity and inclusion.
- Mental Health for Teachers & Students
- Managing the New In-Person (live) Dance Class
- Ideas for Teaching in a Virtual and/or Hybrid Environment
Deadline to register and payment postmarked- August 17th. Go to www.azdeo.org, Professional Development.
Registrants will receive information on the Zoom access by Monday August 17th.
Payment can be made via check or Venmo: Checks to AzDEO. Mail to AzDEO, PO Box 60152, Phoenix AZ. 85082 Venmo: @AzDEO or search Arizona Dance Education Organization