For the 3nd year, the Center for Native American Youth (CNAY) is excited to launch the Creative Native Call for Art!
ABOUT CREATIVE NATIVE
Creative Native is a call for art that supports young Indigenous artists ages 5-24 years old by providing them an opportunity to receive national recognition, funding for art supplies, and award of $200. An artist between ages 15-24 will also be recognized as the grand prize winner and have their art featured on the cover CNAY’s 2020 State of Native Youth report. The cover artist will be flown to Washington, D.C. to participate in the report release event in November pending CNAY’s current operating status amid COVID-19. Please read the Contest Rules and Guidelines regarding contest prizes and COVID-19.
SUBMITTING YOUR ARTWORK
- Art submissions must be inspired by the prompt: Native youth are medicine.
- Where do you get your strength from? This year’s theme focuses on what strength and resilience mean to Native youth.
- Submissions will be accepted electronically through the Creative Native Entry Form.
- Examples of submissions are, but not limited to: paintings, poetry, drawings, photography, sculptures, beadwork, carvings, sewing, baskets etc.
- Self-identify as Indigenous;
- Be between the ages of 5 and 24 years old by the application deadline;
- Currently reside in the United States; and
- Submit a high-resolution image of art.
*To be eligible for the State of Native Youth report cover art, artists must be between the ages of 15-24 years old.
For More Information: https://www.cnay.org/creative-native/ Questions? Email: [email protected]