Resources : Mathematics
AZ Mathematics Standards Support Materials and Trainings
- Overview of Arizona’s Mathematics Standards: This document provides an explanation about the key shifts in the Arizona Mathematics Standards.
- Parents as Partners: This document is a single page handout designed to assist parents with some clarifying points on standards and curriculum as well as questions parents can ask their students at home.
Padres como Compañeros- En la aula de matemáticas Appendix This document can assist districts in designing pathways and courses in high school. This is only a guidance document.
- icon external link EQuIP – Educators Evaluating Quality Instructional Products
The EQuIP products include rubrics and a quality review process designed to determine the quality and alignment of instructional lessons and units to the Arizona College and Career Ready Standards in ELA and Mathematics.
Included on the EQuIP website are lesson/unit rubrics and feedback forms, e-learning modules, and EQuIP training materials. Exemplary lessons are also posted on the EQuIP website under the Exemplars tab.
- icon external link Khan Academy College Board SAT Practice – In partnership with Khan Academy, the College Board is offering personalized, free practice resources for all students, beginning in May 2015.
Our collaboration offers students and educators:
- Personalized online practice that complements classroom instruction.
- An unprecedented view into the design of the SAT®.
- Free access — anytime, anywhere.
Mathematics Professional Development Opportunities
AZ Course Requirements and Recommended Instructional Time
- Arizona Educator Exam Homepage
- Certification Requirements– All requirements for certification and endorsements can be found on the ADE Educator Certification website.
- Requirements for Teachers Issuing 7-8 Grade Students High School Credit in Mathematics – (9th Grade Algebra)- revised 5/1/2014
Professional Mathematics Teacher Organizations
- AzMERIT: The AZMerit (Arizona Measurement of Educational Readiness to Inform Teaching) test measures students’ learning and progress towards readiness for college and career.
- AzMERIT Mathematics Blueprints:
The AzMERIT blueprint outlines the percentage range of each domain or conceptual category (high school Algebra I and II) that will be assessed on AzMERIT. The blueprints also outline the percentage of points by Depth of Knowledge.
- AzMERIT Calculator Guidance
- icon external-linkAzMERIT Scientific Calculator
- icon external-linkAzMERIT Graphing and Regression Calculator
- icon external-linkNAEP: NAEP (National Assessment of Educational Progress) is a national assessment of academic content outlined in the NAEP Academic Frameworks.
The assessments are given to a sample of students in Grades 4, 8, and 12.
Contact Information:Suzi Mast, Director of Mathematics | 602-364-4030