The Arizona Department of Education (ADE) is applying for federal funding under IDEA 2004 for the period of July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019. The eligibility document serves as the basis for the operation and administration of activities to carry out the requirements of Part B of the IDEA. In accordance with 34 C.F.R. §§ 300.165 and 441 (b)(7), the federal regulations that implement the General Education Provisions Act (GEPA) ((20 U.S.C. §1232d(b)(7)(B)), this application is posted for public participation and comment.
The Application document sets forth policies and procedures that Arizona will undertake:
- to ensure that all eligible children with disabilities have available to them a free appropriate public education that includes special education and related services to meet their unique needs;
- to ensure that the rights of children with disabilities and their parents are protected;
- to assist public education agencies in providing for the education of all children with disabilities; and
- to assess and ensure the effectiveness of efforts to educate those children.
The IDEA Part B State Application and Interactive Spreadsheet are available to parents, educators, and members of the general public for review and comment starting March 15, 2018 through May 15, 2018 at the Arizona Department of Education, Exceptional Student Services, 3300 N. Central Avenue, 24th floor, Phoenix, Arizona 85012, or on the ADE website at www.azed.gov/specialeducation.
- IDEA Application Public Notice
- Arizona IDEA Application for 2018-2019
- Arizona Part B Spreadsheet for 2018-2019
Public comment for the 2018-2019 Proposed IDEA Part B State Application will be taken for 30 days starting March 16, 2018 through April 16, 2018. Comments may be submitted in writing to:
Deputy Associate Superintendent
Exceptional Student Services
Arizona Department of Education
1535 West Jefferson Street, Bin #24
Phoenix, Arizona 85007
Email: [email protected]