Directors’ Corner Blog
Please bookmark the Directors’ Corner page to get updates from the ADE/ESS Deputy Associate Superintendent, Angela Denning.
Rule Committee Communiques
Please bookmark the Rule Committee page to get updates from the Special Education Rule Committee.
Updated ESS Organization Chart
Exceptional Student Services welcomes the 21st Century Learning Centers staff to our section. Please visit the newly updated ESS Organization Chart.
Professional Development Opportunities
Please visit the ESS Calendar to see opportunities for professional development.
- Migration to BREAZ Accounting System
- Public Notice Regarding Application for Federal Funds under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004 (IDEA)
- SELECT Summer 2015 Courses
- 2015 IDEA Basic Entitlement Allocations for Arizona Public Schools – NEW POSTING
- Alternate Assessment Newsletter for Special Educators Includes Accountability Tips
- The Use of Seclusion and Restraint: A Guidance Document on Best Practices
- Move On When Reading Monitoring Alert
- Information Regarding Replacement of “Mental Retardation” with “Intellectual Disability”
- 2015 Directors Institute
- Arizona’s Fifteenth Annual Transition Conference
- AzTAP’s 17th Annual Assistive Technology Conference
- AZ FIND has posted new forms on its website
- Early Childhood Transition Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) with the Arizona Early Intervention Program (AzEIP)
- Special Education Timeline Tracking Form
- Task Force on Best Practices in Special Education and Behavior Management
Special Education Questions/Comments/Concerns?
Exceptional Student Services
Arizona Department of Education
1535 West Jefferson Street, Bin 24
Phoenix, Arizona 85007
Fax: (602) 542-5404