To be added to the ESS Data Management Listserv, please provide your contact information here.
- The Data Management Team has created the FY 2013 Data Management List Serv Alert Archive. The archive can be found here as a list or here as a blog roll.
The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) of 2004 established a requirement that all States develop and submit to the US Department of Education (USDOE), Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP), a performance plan designed to advance the State from its current level of compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements of the law and to improve the educational and functional outcomes for children with disabilities. This plan is the State Performance Plan (SPP)/Annual Performance Report (APR), which has 20 indicators.
The FFY 2010 PEA Data Profiles are now available. The PEA data profile provides a visual picture of your PEA’s Indicator data and compares how your PEA measures against the state targets for each Indicator. As was done last year, PEA Data profiles will be accessible online where the FFY 2010 Report Card (using data from SY 2010-2011) and Report Card Snapshot will be available for viewing.
The URL for the data profile login site is: http://ddesurvey.com/arizona.
To login, use your email address and your password from last year. If you don’t recall your password, click on the “forgot password” link and your password will be emailed to you. If you did not obtain a password last year, one can be emailed to you at your login email address when you click on the “forgot password” link.
Direct all inquiries related to data profile logins to Tara Bazata at Data Driven Enterprises: tara@DataDrivenEnterprises.com or 303-255-5607. For programmatic questions, direct them to ESS Data Management.
Data Management Links
- FY 2013 Data Management List Serv Alert Archive: View all of the alerts distributed this fiscal year via the ESS Data Management list serv.
- Arizona SPED Student Population Data: This page contains historical and trend data on special education student population with breakouts by public education agency (PEA), county, disability, ethnicity/race, gender, grade, age, and placement (LRE) based on the October 1 Federal Special Education Child Count (Child count date was December 1 prior to FY 2009).
- SAIS SPED Reporting Resources: Discover useful tools for those who submit data for students with disabilities to the Student Accountability Information System (SAIS). Find relevant SAIS codes, tables that illustrate which needs may be reported with which service codes, and more.
- Federal SPED Census: Find materials related to the October 1 Federal Child Count, including instructions for each phase of census process, frequently asked questions, and SPED07 report information. This page will be useful to public education agency (PEA) personnel responsible for submitting census data.
- Annual SPED Data Collection: View a description of this annual federal data reporting requirement.
- Data Management Webinars & Workshops: this page contains recordings of recent webinars presented by ESS Data Management as well as information about other ESS Data Management training opportunities.
- Data Resources: Browse other data-related resources to learn more about record retention, IDEA data collection requirements, and quality data tips for school personnel.
Other Data Links
Exceptional Student Services
1535 West Jefferson, Bin #24
Phoenix, AZ 85007
Fax: (602) 364-1999
Lead Data Management Specialist
Tel: (602) 364-4024
Data Management Specialist
Tel: (602) 542-3854
Data Collection Coordinator
Tel: (602) 542-3057