Director of Funding and Finance
Email: [email protected]
To promote the development and implementation of special education through the proper allocation and distribution of federal funds. Proper funding processes ensure students with disabilities reach the highest level of achievement possible in school, the work place, and the community.
The ESS Funding Unit distributes IDEA formula-driven, non-competitive, and discretionary, competitive grants to eligible schools throughout Arizona. The grant process is fully automated through the ADE Grants Management Enterprise system. Grants are approved, amended, and financially monitored through the automated system. There are approximately twenty grant categories and the unit processes approximately 1000 applications per year.
In addition to grants, the ESS Funding Unit manages all contracts, procurement, data collection, and budgeting for Exceptional Student Services.
IDEA Basic Entitlement Allocations and Grant
- NEW – each LEA must sign and submit an IDEA assurance document with their grant application.
- Grant application and IDEA assurance document are available in ADEConnect.
- First deadline date for the 2017 IDEA Basic has been changed to February 17, 2017.
- Read List Serv Announcement.
- Please contact Alice Q. Nunes at 602-542-3851 with questions.
IDEA Capacity Building Grants
IDEA Secure Care Grant
FY17 IDEA – Secure Care Funding Application Now Open in the Grants Management system
Allocations have been updated in GME as provided by the program area. Any questions regarding alloctions or other programmatic information should be directed to the following program area contacts:
For GME system assistance, please contact the Grants Management team at (602)542-3901.
Contract Management facilitates new contracts, renewals, and modifications to contracts, as well as coordinating requests for proposals (RFPs).
Budget and Finance
Budget and Finance facilitates accounts payables, procurement, travel reimbursement, equipment orders, budget, and single audit activities.
ESS Grants Management
ESS Grants Management is responsible for the distribution and auditing of IDEA grants for all public local education agencies (LEAs) providing services to students with disabilities.
Training & Guidance Documents
- ESS Grants Management New Charter Training
- ESS IDEA Grant Management
- Indirect Cost Rate
- OSEP 08-09 Coordinated Early Intervening Services
- Proportionate Share Guidance Under IDEA
- Special Education Cost Study 2007