The SUPPORT Cadre offers experienced professionals who provide technical assistance to special education school personnel when the PEA lacks the infrastructure to support those staff.
To make a SUPPORT Cadre request:
- Document measures used to resolve the situation (i.e., all strategies, resources, and PEA personnel).
- Document strategies and/or resources recommended by the ESS Education Program Specialist assigned to the PEA that have been implemented to resolve the situation.
- Should further assistance be needed after exhausting all other resources, the Special Education Director can make a request for SUPPORT Cadre services. The Special Education Director, ESS Education Program Specialist, and Special Education Staff member all must endorse the request being made on the Request for Services form.
- Complete the Request for Services form and submit to 602-364-1115 (fax).
- If approved, a SUPPORT Cadre Consultant will be assigned and will contact the Special Education Director for more information.
Note that requests can be made by the Special Education Director only, after all other options have been attempted and have not been successful. Requests from school personnel other than the Special Education Director will not be approved. Requests should only be made to assist special education personnel with their teaching practices. Assistance for individual students, group trainings, or attendance at IEP or parent meetings will not be approved. A specific number of days will be allocated at the time the request is approved.
To obtain more information about the SUPPORT Cadre, contact Tracey Sridharan at 602-542-0398 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Back to Personnel Development