ADE Training Opportunity Discount!
Meeting Arizona’s College and Career Ready Standards (AZCCRS) for Special Educators
January 7–8 or March 4–5
Team up a special education teacher or leader with a general education teacher or leader and get 50% off one registration!
Throughout the two-day workshop participants will have the opportunity to engage in whole group, small group, and paired collaborative discussions within grade level and content areas to refine collaborative practices between general education and special education and develop and write AZCCRS standards-based Individualized Education Program (IEP) goals.
During this two-day workshop, participants will:
- Expand understanding of the AZCCRS for ELA/Literacy and Mathematics in order to develop standards-aligned IEP goals aligned to the student’s AZCCRS present levels of academic achievement and functional performance (PLAAFP)
- Integrate research of how children learn to order to identify areas of need in the development of IEP goals
- Obtain a solid understanding of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) to integrate learning into daily practice
- Develop and write standards-aligned IEP goals related to students’ needs as described in the PLAAFP
- Explore and use readily available resources, tools, and evidenced-based strategies to support students with disabilities to access the AZCCRS in ELA/Literacy and Mathematics
Elementary Emphasis: or Secondary Emphasis:
January 7–8, 2015 March 4–5, 2015
Sheraton Crescent Hotel, 2620 West Dunlap Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85021
Registration fee: $175 covers the two-day attendance, or team up a special education teacher or leader with a general education teacher or leader and get 50% off one registration (i.e., $175.00 for the special educator, $87.50 for general educator). Please type “discount” after the payment number when registering the general education teacher or leader.