AZ FIND Webinar: Child Find Requirements for Public Education Agencies
This webinar provides an overview of Federal and State child find requirements, as well as practical tips to coordinate child find activities in school districts and charter schools.
The presentation is intended for school administrators and staff. Although, agency personnel, families, and others interested in developmental and educational services for children birth through 21 years who may have disabilities will find the information useful.
AZ FIND: Child Find Requirements for Public Education Agencies
- The audio / video presentation is approximately 22 minutes long
- The PowerPoint version can be adapted as needed for school district or charter school presentations.
Supporting documentation on topics referenced in the webinar:
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act 2004, Child Find Regulations §§ 300.111 and 303.321 and Questions and Answers On Serving Children With Disabilities Placed by Their Parents at Private Schools
- AZ Administrative Code, R7-2-401-B, C, D
- Program Support and Monitoring (i.e., child find policies and procedures, monitoring manual)
- Public Awareness Materials (i.e., public awareness ideas, brochures, flyers, posters) and Developmental Milestones
- Birth to Five Child Find Referral
- ADE / DES-AZ Early Intervention Program (AzEIP), Child Find Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA)
- IGA Referral Form
- ADE/Early Childhood Special Education
- Unorganized Territory Child Find and Transition to Preschool Referral
- Sample Forms (e.g., 45-day screening report, tracking logs, child study team, parent letters)
- AZ Department of Health Services, Vision and Hearing Screening
- Special Education Process Flow Chart
- Publications (i.e., Evaluation and Eligibility, Prior Written Notice)
E-mail questions and feedback to AZFIND@azed.gov or call (928) 679-8106.
Back to AZ FIND