Rigorous Program of Study Framework
Ten Components and Subcomponents
COLLEGE AND CAREER READINESS STANDARDS
Ongoing relationships among education, business, and other community stakeholders are central to POS design, implementation, and maintenance.
Rigorous college and career readiness standards should:
- Be developed and continually validated in collaboration with secondary, postsecondary, and industry partners.
- Incorporate essential knowledge and skills (i.e., academic skills, communication, and problem-solving), which students must master regardless of their chosen career area or POS.
- Provide the same rigorous knowledge and skills in English and mathematics that employers and colleges expect of high school graduates.
- Incorporate industry-recognized technical standards that are valued in the workplace.
- To the extent practicable, be internationally benchmarked so that all students are prepared to succeed in a global economy. >>>Next>>>