To Enhance Student Growth and Learning The Arizona Department of Education Is offering:
A SIX Week Online Professional Development Course
The African American Experiences in the Historical Development of Arizona and the Southwest
Providing the Opportunity for Student Engagement and Dialogue
Earn 30 Hours of Professional Development hours for RECERTIFICATION!!
Each session of the course is aligned to Grade 4 of Arizona’s Social Studies Standards and Arizona’s College and Career Ready Standards in English Language Arts and can be integrated into existing curriculum.
Early Registration Encouraged!
Registration Begins: Monday, December 29, 2014 thru Monday, January 26, 2015
Class Start Date: Monday, January 26,2015 – Monday, March 9, 2015
Registration Fee: $105.00
Register on the IDEAL Website: https://www.IDEAL.azed.gov
Contact: Dr. Ann Hart, Deputy Associate Superintendent African American Outreach
602-364-1971 • firstname.lastname@example.org
• To enhance the knowledge and increase awareness for students of the contributions made by African-Americans in Arizona and the Southwest
• Become more knowledgeable about the experiences of African-Americans in the historical development of Arizona and the Southwest
• Create a lesson plan that meets Grade 4 of Arizona’s Social Studies Standards and Arizona’s College and Career Ready Standards in English Language Arts
• Provide opportunity for student engagement and dialogue, to aid student growth and learning
• Interact with other teachers from across the state and share information and ideas
• Earn 30 professional hours for recertification
Dr. Ann Hart
Deputy Associate Superintendent