The following reports are only accepted in electronic copy format (unsecured PDF).
- Audit reports (audited financial statements /Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports (CAFR)) ,
- USFR Compliance Questionnaires, and
- Single Audit Reporting Packages.
Questions? Please email email@example.com.
The Single Audit Act and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circular A-133, Audits of States, Local Governments, and Non-Profit Organizations, requires non-federal entities that expend equal to or in excess of $500,000 ($750,000 on or after January 1, 2015 for non-federal entities) in federal awards within a fiscal year to have an audit performed by an independent auditor in accordance with the Single Audit Act. The ADE (pass-through-entity) provides Federal awards to entities (sub-recipients) such as Arizona school districts and charter schools (LEAs) to carry out Federal programs. (See pass-through entity responsibilties for more information.) Please note that “independent auditor” means an auditor, that is a public accountant or a Federal, State or local government audit organization, which meets the general standards specified in generally accepted government auditing standards (GAGAS). The term auditor does not include internal auditors of non-profit organizations. (OMB Circular No. A-133, Subpart A, § ___.105. (See also Arizona Revised Statutes §§ 15-914.)
NOTIFICATION REGARDING AUDIT REPORT SUBMISSIONS
Single Audit Reporting Package (SARP)
The single audit reporting package is a collection of several documents. A complete reporting package includes up to nine key parts:
- Independent Auditor’s Report
- Basic Financial Statements
- Report on Internal Control Over Financial Reporting and on Compliance and Other Matters Based on an Audit of Financial Statements Performed in Accordance With Government Auditing Standards
- Report on Compliance With Requirements That Could Have a Direct and Material Effect on Each Major Program and on Internal Control Over Compliance in Accordance With OMB Circular A-133
- Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards
- Schedule of Findings and Questioned Costs
- Summary Schedule of Prior Audit Findings (if no prior audit findings, please indicate)
- Corrective Action Plan (if applicable)
- Management Letter (required if issued by the entity’s CPA)
The Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (or if applicable, financial statement report) is required. If the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) and single audit report are separate reports, then both reports must be submitted to ADE. If both reports are not submitted, the single audit reporting package will be considered incomplete.
Due Date All audit reports are due nine months after the entity’s fiscal year end including Single Audit Reporting packages(Reference: OMB Circular A-133, Section .320). Acceptable Report Formats The ADE will accept reports submitted in electronic copy (Unsecured PDF). Hard copy has no longer been accepted as of October 2014. Electronic report files must be in PDF file format and include the independent auditor’s electronic signature. Electronic reports may be submitted on
- A CD, USB flash drive or similar data storage device by mail; or
- Transferred electronically via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Electronic File Naming Conventions must be followed when submitting audit reports. File names must identify the Fiscal Year, Entity Name and the type of report being submitted (USFR, Financial Statements, Single Audit, etc.)
- Most mail servers (both incoming and outgoing) restrict attachment sizes to a maximum of 10MB. ADE’s file size limit is 10MB, which includes the email itself. Please submit attachments no larger than 8MB.
Arizona Department of Education
1535 W Jefferson St, Bin 3
Phoenix, AZ 85007
- Resource Links and Publications
- Fiscal Guidance
- Uniform Administrative Requirements
- Federal Register, Page 78594 (Vol. 78, No. 248/ Thursday, December 26, 2013) Section 200.501 Audit Requirements raises the Single Audit threshold from $500,000 in Federal awards per year to $750,000 in Federal awards per year (beginning on or after January 1, 2015 for non-federal entities).
- 2 CFR 200.501 Audit requirements
- A.R.S. §§15-914 Financial and Compliance Audits
- Federal Audit Clearinghouse (FAC) operates on behalf of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB).