- A grant based on a state or federal mandate, or a formula where ADE does not have discretion and merely acts as a conduit.
- ADE is responsible for the final distribution of funds.
- In the on-line Fund Alert eligible entities are notified of the amount of grant allocation/award and specifics regarding applying for grant. If the amount of grant allocation/award is not posted in the on-line Fund Alert and you did not receive an official letter advising an allocation/award amount, then contact the appropriate program office for further assistance.
- Entitlement/formula grant(s) typically available on-line via the Grants Management On-line Applications.
- Does not require approval of the State Board of Education.
- A grant award that is typically not based on a formula or legislative mandate.
- Distribution of these funds is based upon the specific criterion of the grant where ADE acts as the administering agent and has responsibility for the final disposition of such funds.
- Examples: targeted audience and/or specific populations to be served, demographic factors, etc.
- Some Competitive grant applications are available on-line via the Grants Management On-line Applications. If not, then it will most likely be accepted Hardcopy and contact the appropriate program office for further assistance.
- Original applications must be received by the date and time specified.
- Require approval of the State Board of Education.
Posted in: Application