*Taken from an AZ State Employees Charitable Campaign (SECC) promotional email.
Help a Foster Child
Did you know that more than 18,000 children live in the Arizona State foster care system?
Did you know that every year more than 800 children “age out” of the system when they turn 18 without finding a forever family?
Young people who age out of the foster care system have a higher chance of experiencing unemployment, homelessness, and incarceration as adults.
- 1 out of 5 become homeless
- 1 out of 4 become incarcerated
- 33 percent graduate from high school and only 3 percent will ever go to college.
It is easier than ever to help a foster child. Several SECC charities qualify for the AZ Foster Care tax credit program!
SECC Charities that qualify for the AZ Foster Care Tax Credit:
- Aid to Adoption of Special Kids (AASK)
- Arizona Friends of Foster Children Foundation
- Aviva Children’s Services
- Catholic Charities Community Services
- Child Crisis AZ
- Christian Family Care
- Free Arts for Abused Children of AZ
- GAP Ministries
- Helen’s Hope Chest
- StreetLight USA
For information or to make your pledge click here.*