Please note, the Charter Training Webinar scheduled for the School Finance Friday webinar on October 19, 2018 has been rescheduled for Friday, November 2, 2018.
Payment Hot Topics
The FY2019 Preliminary Charter Additional Assistance (CAA) Reductions have been calculated and included in the August 1, 2018 CHAR 55-1 reports. A list of reductions may be seen here:
The FY2019 Preliminary District Additional Assistance (DAA) Reductions have been calculated and included in the August 1, 2018 APOR 55-1. A list of reductions can be seen at the link below.
The FY 2018 District Additional Assistance Reductions have been recalculated and will be included on page 5 of the February 1, 2018 APOR 55-1. A list of reductions can be seen here: FY 2018 District Additional Assistance Reductions
The first distribution has been made for FY2018 Rural Assistance. There will be two distributions made; the first being 70% of allocated funding, and the second making up the remaining 30% of the allocated funding. The $2.6 million will be reallocated prior to the second distribution. Locate your District/Charter District in the list linked below and review the payment details.
The FY 2018 1.06% Teacher Salary Increase has been included as a base support level adjustment on page 4 of the December APOR 55-1. The spreadsheet linked below compares 2017 actual AFR teacher salaries paid to budgeted amounts on page 2 of the FY 2018 Expenditure Budget on lines 3 and 4. It should be noted:
In all cases the LEA’s payment was based on the amount requested on line 8 of the “Additional Teacher Salary Increases (Laws 2017, Ch. 305, §33)” section on page 2 of the 2018 Expenditure Budget that was successfully processed into the system as of November 1, 2017; this is the amount in the last column of the linked spreadsheet and page 4 of the December APOR 55-1.
- LEAs will need to reconcile the amount as part of the Independent Audit process.
- Amounts should supplement by 1.06% and not supplant any intended 2018 salary amount.
- Code these funds to (fund-object): 001-3200
- Eligible teachers consist of any person whose salary is appropriately coded in Function 1000–Instruction and eligible to be included in the year-end Teacher Salary Tablet in the Certified Teacher Column on the Annual Financial Report (AFR) for school district (page 9) or charter school (page 7) in FY 2017 and who teaches at the district or charter during FY 2018.
- Do not include purchased services personnel or substitute teachers in either line. Districts and charters should maintain adequate documentation to support that each teacher included met the eligibility requirements. Laws 2017, Ch. 305, §33
Preliminary calculations for the FY2018 Rural Assistance allocation have been completed. There will be two distributions made; the first being 70% of allocated funding, and the second making up the remaining 30% of the allocated funding. The $2.6 million will be reallocated prior to the second distribution. Locate your District/Charter District in the list linked below and review the payment details. Please direct any questions or concerns to [email protected] by Friday, November 10, 2017. Distribution of Payment 1 is intended for the end of November. Please see Memo 18-025
The FY2017 statewide recalculation of ADM is complete.
The AzEDS reports are available as well as the ADM Student Counts Reports are now available here: http://www.ade.az.gov/Districts/EntitySelection.asp
Student Count Reports include the ADMS46-1, and the SPED28-1 and ELLS28-1 reports.