Applications to operate a 200-day calendar in FY2019 are due June 1, 2018.
Please see the School Finance Memo 18-055 for further detail.
Charter Estimated Counts is now open for all charter districts planning to operate in Fiscal Year 2019 to submit estimates of their ADM (Average Daily Membership) for FY2019 and will close on July 13 , 2018 at 4:30 pm. The data within Estimated Counts on July 13 will be used as the basis for the August 1 state aid disbursement for FY2019.
Please see Memo 18-057 for submission instructions and future deadlines.
If you have questions regarding the submission, please email [email protected].
While analyzing data for the first June payment, School Finance observed unusually low ADM data. Fifteen LEAs had the greatest impact from the dip in ADM. Therefore, School Finance used the dates listed below for all LEAs.
School Finance made the determination to use previous ADM figures for this month’s payment. As a result, May’s ADMS46-1, SPED 28-1, and ELLS28-1 will not align to the previously published data capture date in AzEDS.
FY 2018 Charter Additional Assistance (CAA) Reductions have been updated. A list of reductions can be seen below.
School Finance Memo 18-054 has been posted with a form for certifying instructional time.
The link to the complete memorandum is as follows: https://sf.azed.gov/sf/numberedmemos/FY2018%20Numbered%20Memos/18-054.pdf
The form can be found on the Forms Page: http://www.azed.gov/finance/files/2018/05/Instructional-Time-Certification-2018-05-04.xlsx
This document is prepared by the Department of Education (“ADE”) in order to offer guidance to public school districts and charter schools in the event of a teacher strike/walkout. Each Local Education Agency (“LEA”) will determine if it will continue to operate during any period of the strike. This guidance addresses the requirements for schools that are unable to operate during the strike as well as those that choose to continue operating under a normal or abbreviated schedule.
The link to the complete memorandum is as follows:
The second distribution has been calculated for FY2018 Rural Assistance and will be distributed shortly. The first distribution was 70% of the allocated $2.6 million, and the second has made up the remaining 30% of the allocated funding. Locate your District/Charter District in the list linked below and review the payment details.
The April School Finance Hot Topics Update has been posted.
The April FY 2018 BUDG25 report have been posted and are available for download and review.
The report includes the actual total Prop123 payment for FY 2018.
Please email the budget team with any budget-related questions or concerns at [email protected].
Prop123 payment calculation or distribution questions should be emailed to the payment team at [email protected].