Webinars and training!
- Some School Finance Fridays will clash with ASCUS dates. We’ll cancel those four Fridays to attend ASCUS. We’ll see you there!
- Wednesday Workshops!
- This month: training on AzEDS submission through ADM
- If you can, bring your work laptop, so you can follow along in your SIS and ADE Connect.
- At Jefferson
- 8/31 from 12:30pm – 3:30pm, room 416
- 9/7 from 1:30pm – 3:30pm, room 312
- 9/14 from 12:30pm – 3:30pm, room 312
- 9/21 from 12:30pm – 3:30pm, room 312
- Email your Account Analyst to sign up. Tell us if you need to check out an ADE computer during the workshop.
- No online option YET, but we’re testing different applications this week. We’ll keep you updated.
To get information on the AzEDS system, you can receive updates to your email or have them texted to you! Sign up for both!
Today’s Training: Are your students generating appropriate ADM?
There are Quick Reference Guides available for all the AzEDS reports and features. http://www.azed.gov/aelas/azeds/reference/ Browse the AzEDS Reference page to understand how data collection and reports really work.
- Are your students generating appropriate ADM? Reconcile generated ADM against all the students you expect to generate ADM. When trying to reconcile your data, there are reports AND features that give you insight to your AzEDS data. What is a feature?
- AzEDS Portal: An AzEDS Feature that gives you a System Status and access to the dashboard and reports. https://azed.gov/home/GetDocumentFile?id=568d8e10aadec50f04b1cb0a
- AzEDS Dashboard: An AzEDS Feature that gives you a count of enrollments, ELL participation, and SPED participation for your schools. https://azed.gov/home/GetDocumentFile?id=5736205caadebe273046b639
- Using reports last year, you may have pulled an SDADMS75-1 for ADM and compared it to the 72 for enrollments and integrity. This year, pull an ADM15 and INTEG15.
- This year, Integrity and ACE run every evening. Please see: http://www.azed.gov/finance/2016/06/30/fy-2017-monthly-processing-and-integrity-schedule/. Best practice: pull an ADM15 about the same time you pull an INTEG15, to ensure they are from the same data capture date.
- Start with the students in your SIS. Count the students on an ADM15 that is filtered for regular ADM, because headcount is not equal to ADM.
- To find students missing ADM, compare ADM15 to INTEG15.
- Note: INTEG15 loads sorted by rule. It may help to pull the report as a .csv and sort it by State Student ID yourself.
- If a student is failing Integrity, confirm what’s in AzEDS using the different STUD10, STUD15, and STUD72 reports, depending on what the error in Integrity is.
- You can find quick reference guides for those STUD reports on the AzEDS reference page. http://www.azed.gov/aelas/azeds/reference/
- That page also houses the AzEDS Integrity rules by type.