Research shows that student achievement improves when communication between parents and families and the school increases. An Education and Career Action Plan (ECAP) allows parents and families to engage with students and their educators to create a plan tailored to individual skills, interests, and goals. When parents and families are actively involved in conversations about career and college planning, students have higher aspirations for their future and are more likely to have long term success.
- Arizona Department of Education Parent’s Page
- US Department of Education Family Engagement Page
- Raising Arizona Kids (Magazine Publication)
- 10 Steps to Help your Child Prepare for a Career
- Preparing your Student for College and Career, ACT
- My Roadtrip to College, Career and Life: K-12 Readiness Checklist
- National Center for Families Learning, Online Communities
- Parents Make a Difference In High School Success
- Making a Family Connection in High School
- Epstein’s Framework of Six Types of Involvement
- Improving Educational Impact through Community and Family Engagement
- The Role of Family in Career Development
- Tips for Parents and Families to Help Youth Develop Soft Skills
Visit our CMS page and enter the search term, “ECAP” for more resources!
Watch this satirical video to see why college and career planning for your child should matter to you:
|James Buchanan, Ed.D.
Deputy Associate Superintendent
ECAP and Leadership Development
College and Career Ready Coordinator
State Contact, School Counselors
|Address: Arizona Department of Education, 1535 W. Jefferson St. Bin #24, Phoenix, AZ 85007