Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Why did you change the monitoring process when we are fulfilling our obligations to implement the State Board of Education Rule on the ECAP?
We have listened to your concerns regarding the number of documents you are asked to submit to ADE each year. Therefore, we simplified the process by requesting you submit two ECAP documents for review and feedback.
2. What two documents may I submit for review and feedback?
You may submit:
a) Your action plan or calendar showing the school-wide implementation of the ECAP PROCESS at each grade level
b) A copy of a 2014 senior ECAP with the personal, identifying information removed or blacked out
3. How do I submit these two documents? May I send you a senior portfolio?
You may send them any document as an email attachment to ECAP@azed.gov
Electronic portfolios are strongly encouraged, since they reflect the growth in career decision making skills over a four year period of time. Portfolios clearly make the “next step” evident.
4. Do ECAPs still require a parent signature at the annual review/revisions?
Yes. The ECAP is a collaborative effort between the student, the parent, and the school that should begin no later than 9th grade. It can have a positive impact on student performance and parent involvement in school life. When parents are involved students tend to do better academically and are less likely to leave school prior to graduation. Signatures should result from a student-parent-educator conference. You could also annotate a phone conference or computer conference with the parent.
5. Why do you suggest we use the AZCIS as the “go to” online tool for ECAP?
AZCIS is provided free of charge to schools in Arizona. The program contains the most up to date, Arizona specific college and job market information. You are not required to use AZCIS. You may contract with other vendor products that better meet your specific needs.
6. Who can help me with this ECAP implementation process or how can I request assistance?
Assistance and support: ECAP@azed.gov
Questions regarding the ECAP: ECAP@azed.gov or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions regarding the AZCIS: email@example.com