|MARCH 2015||21st CCLC Application Notification|
|March 2015||Application and Downloads available on-line on Grant Management Enterprise Web-page http://www.azed.gov/grants-management/|
|March 2015||ADE Grants Management Enterprises (GME) Application Training available for online process in Phoenix, AZ.|
|May 2015||Application and Forms A, B, C, D, & E are DUE online to ADE Grant Management Enterprise by 5:00:00 p.m.|
|August 2015||Grant awards announced|
|October 2015||New Grantees First Payment|
ABSOLUTE PRIORITY- ENTITIES THAT SERVE STUDENTS WHO ATTEND SCHOOLS WHERE AT LEAST 40% OF THE STUDENTS QUALIFY FOR FREE/REDUCED MEALS.
Any public or private organization is eligible to apply as long as the partner is with a qualifying school. Examples of agencies and organizations include, but are not limited to:
- Non-profit agencies
- City or county government agencies
- Faith-based organizations
- Community-based organizations
- Institution of higher education
- For profit corporations
Eligible sub-recipients may receive 21st CCLC grant funding not more than five years contingent upon availability of funds, the completion of an annual Request for Application (RFA) in grants management, and meeting all conditions set forth within the RFA under which funding was provided.
Total Funding Amount/Approximate Number of Awards
The number of awards and the award amount will be based on the final US Department of Education (USED) award notification and number of quality proposals approved. Grants funded by the 21st CCLC program may supplement, but NOT supplant, existing out-of-school funding or programs. Proposals will be reviewed pending successful completion of ALL required components as specified in the Request for Application (RFA). In the event that anticipated federal funding is decreased, a proportional decrease will be made to all awardees.
The award will be for five consecutive years, with applicants receiving 100% funding for each of the first three years of the program, followed by a 25% reduction in original funding in year four and a 50% reduction in original funding in year five. Continued funding throughout the five years is pending satisfactory performance by the sub-grantees as evaluated by the program office in the Arizona Department of Education and compliance with all grant requirements. The sub-grantees will be required to complete Renewal Applications for the four consecutive years. Funded programs will not be permitted to reduce the quantity or quality of services, the number of regular attendees, or the length of operation to account for reduced funding.
Applicants must apply for a minimum of $50,000 and a maximum of $120,000 in the first year.
Please read the 21st Century Community Learning Center (CCLC) Cycle 12 Grant Application Fact Sheets carefully before completing the online application. You may find this and other downloadable documents below under Downloadable Tools.
Online Application Training
Training will be offered by ADE Grants Management Enterprises (GME) on the online application process. To register please click here ADE Calendar of Events
- WORD form – 21st CCLC Cycle 12 Grant Application
- 21st CCLC Cycle 12 Fact Sheets
- Budget Planning Tool
- Grant Consideration Rubric
- Program Planning Tool
- Partner Planning Tool
- Non-Regulatory Guidance
- USFR Chart of Accounts
- Cost Principles Matrix
- 40 Developmental Assets
- Family Enagement Practices for Academic Achievement
- Principles of Effectiveness
- Standards and Rubrics for School Improvement
- Writing SMART Outcome Objectives (PowerPoint Presentation)
- Writing SMART, Short-term Outcome Objectives
- Afterschool Alliance
- Beyond the Bell – American Institutes for Research
- The Out of School Time Standards – Arizona Center for Afterschool Excellence (AzCASE)
- How is the Afterschool Field Defining Program Quality? – Afterschool Matters
- National Center for Quality Afterschool- Afterschool Training Toolkit – SEDL
- You For Youth – Online Professional Learning and Technical Assistance for 21st CCLCs
21st CCLC Unit
Arizona Department of Education
1535 West Jefferson Street, Bin #24
Phoenix, Arizona 85007
Director: Cindy Trejo