- Arizona Department of Education (ADE) Teacher Certification – General information and hours of operation
- Career and Technical Education Certificate Requirements
CTE Program Specific Certification Requirements
The Handbook – CTE program specific certification requirements are listed under “Program Description/Coherent Course Sequence/Certification” in the Handbook
Looking for CTE Certification Credit?
- Rio Salado College – Online Courses for Teachers
- Northern Arizona University – NAU – Online Courses for Teachers
- Northland Pioneer College – Online Courses for Teachers
Verified ADE/CTE Sponsored or Approved Staff/Professional Development for CTE Certification Application and Approval Process –
Applications are accepted by September 30, January 30 and May 1 within the school year
- Verified ADE/CTE Sponsored or Approved Staff/Professional Development for CTE Certification Approval Process
- Verified ADE/CTE Sponsored or Approved Staff/Professional Development for CTE Certification Application for Approval
- Professional Development Rubric for CTE Certification
- Professional Development CTE Certification Committee Nomination
CTE Approved Professional Development Certification Credit Opportunities for Provisional to Standard Certification
The Career and Technical Education K-12 Certification process allows for the required continued education to be obtained through staff/professional development activities offered by the local education agency, professional organizations, universities and community colleges, if verified and approved by the Arizona Department of Education Career and Technical Education Division (ADE/CTE). This option is available for applicants seeking to meet the requirements to move from a Provisional CTE K-12 Certificate to a Standard CTE K-12 Certificate under Options A, B, C, and D in all CTE Certification areas.
The participant should receive a copy of the certificate (see sample below) upon completion of the activity from the school, district or other authorized organization*. The participant should submit the certificate with their application for Standard CTE Certification along with other required documentation such as transcripts, verification of work experience etc., to Certification http://www.azed.gov/educator-certification/.
*This activity is verified ADE/Career & Technical Education sponsored or approved staff/professional development to be used for CTE certification
Current Professional Development Certification Credit Opportunities
- Premier Program Series (Pima JTED – West-MEC – ACTEAZ) – Calendar for 2015-2016 – PD Certification Credit available for Provisional to Standard Certification – Instructional Best Practices, Classroom Management, Laboratory Safety and Management, CTE Program Management, CTSO Advisor Toolbox, CTSO Training, Effective Demonstrations, Work-based Learning, Serving Special Education Students in CTE, Using Advisory Councils Effectively, Structured English Immersion (SEI)
- Arizona Constitution Course – March 4-5 – West-MEC partnering with Glendale Community College
- Structured English Immersion (SEI) – ADE Event Management System – Search “SEI” for online course availability
- CTE Economics Boot Camp – PD Certification Credit available for Provisional to Standard Certification
- Aazinaago Consulting – PD Certification Credit available for Provisional to Standard Certification
- Assessment and Evaluation: http://www.aazinaagoconsulting.com/product/career-technical-education-assessment-evaluation/
- SEI Full 45-hour certification: http://www.aazinaagoconsulting.com/product/sei-full-45-hour-certification-course/
Check with your district CTE Director or Program Specialist for additional opportunities!
Click on Sample Certificate for full view
Only Professional Development activities issuing the certificate and verbiage above* can be used for CTE certification credit to move from a Provisional to Standard certificate in lieu of college credit