1. When does the Civics test law go into effect?
As of Jan. 1, 2017 any one who takes the GED test in Arizona will also have
to pass the Civics test to get their HSE Diploma. The actual Civics Test will
launch on Jan. 3rd in authorized Testing Centers because of the holiday.
2. Where can I take the test?
The test can only be taken at authorized GED/Pearson Vue testing centers.
3. How many questions are on the test and what score do I need to get to
It is a 100 question multiple choice test and you must get 60 questions
correct to pass, the test is untimed.
4. Where do I go to sign up to take the test?
You can schedule and pay for it on GED.com just like the other 4 tests. You
can take the test at any time during your GED testing experience, it is a
5. How many times can I take it and is there any wait time in between takes?
You may take the test as many times as you need to pass and there is no
required waiting time in between tries, although it is recommended that
you study prior to retaking the test.
6. Can I take the test in Spanish?
The test is only administered in English
7. What is the cost of the test?
The cost for the Civics test will be $9.00 per attempt.
8. How can I study for the test?
Please click on the link below for resources to study:
For other questions please contact the Client Services line at (602) 258-2410