Spotlight: 21st CCLC
SPOTLIGHT: Arizona Agriculture and Equine Center
Arizona Agriculture and Equine Center (AAEC) South Mountain is in their fourth year of their 21st CCLC grant* that serves students in grades 9 through 12 in Central Arizona. AAEC Early College High School prepares young adults for success now and in the future by promoting lifelong learning through rigorous academic instruction, promoting social responsibility and employability, and providing motivated students with the opportunity to earn college credits while completing their high school requirements.
Take a look at how they promote and recruit students for 21st CCLC programs during morning announcements!
* The AAEC afterschool program is funded by a 21st Century Community Learning Center federal grant from the U.S. Department of Education and administered by the Arizona Department of Education.
Spotlight Your Program: Share YOUR 21st CCLC Story
Every program has something to share and we want to hear your stories! We want to hear how your 21st CCLC program is making a difference in the lives of students and their families. Submit an article, media clip, or your own story (brief narrative) about classes, events and personal stories of success. Submissions will be reviewed and posted in a timely fashion.
Please include the following in your email:
- Article headline/title
- Link to article/own narrative
- School Site(s)
- Name and Contact Information (of person submitting photos/video)
Email to: [email protected]
Thank you for sharing your success story!
21st CCLC MEDIA SPOTLIGHTS
- Technology and fitness meld at Flowing Wells – Flowing Wells High School (Aug 29, 2013)
- Students find fun in science, technology, math, engineering – Ganado Elementary School (Nov 15, 2012)
- Spring break gives kids time to review lessons – Grant program provides boost to more than 90 schools in Valley (March 21, 2009)
- Kids Bank helps teach students about saving – Phoenix Advantage Charter (October 25, 2008)
Arizona Department of Education Highly Effective Schools Division 21st CCLC Unit 1535 W Jefferson Street, Bin #7 Phoenix, AZ 85007 Phone: 602-364-2349 Fax: 602-364-1938 E-mail: [email protected]